Breast Implant Removal
You may have been certain you wanted breast implants, but your circumstances may have changed, causing second thoughts.
Breast implant removal or replacement can change your figure based on your current cosmetic goals and improve your quality of life.
See what Lowe Plastic Surgery in Oklahoma City, OK, can do to help you achieve a bustline that makes you happy.
What Is Breast Implant Removal?
You may consider breast implant removal for a number of reasons, including:
- You no longer want implants
- Your breast implants are causing you pain
- Your breast implants are damaged
- You want implants with new dimensions
- Your breast implants are old and it's time to replace them
Our plastic surgeon serving the residents of Oklahoma City, OK, can remove your implants during a surgical procedure.
The Implant Removal Process
Our triple board-certified surgeon can remove your implants and help you achieve your cosmetic goals.
After your breast implant removal surgery, we can arrange for you to recover overnight in an outpatient surgical facility.
The Results of Your Surgery
It can take up to one year before the final results of your breast implant removal are visible. Overall outcomes will depend on several factors, including:
- The size of the implants that were removed
- The quantity and elasticity of your breast tissue
- The scar tissue that was around your implants
- How well you follow post-operative instructions
Breast Implant Exchange For Patients Who Want New Implants
There are many reasons a patient may want new implants, including:
- Increasing or decreasing the cup size
- Replacing one type of implant with another
- Implant rupture
- Capsular contracture (hardened scar tissue contracting around the implant)
- Regular wear and tear from age and gravity
Many patients seek breast implant revision within 10-15 years of the initial augmentation. However, some patients may want new implants sooner.
Since the pocket for the implant already exists, breast implant exchange surgery tends to be easier than the original breast augmentation. Dr. Lowe, serving the residents of Oklahoma City and beyond, can replace your implants and help you achieve your cosmetic goals.
"He sure did deliver!!" See What Our Patients Have to Say...
I’m so thankful for Dr. Lowe and his staff! At my appointments he always takes the time to answer all my questions. I chose him because he is triple board certified and he sure did deliver!!View on Google
I have been going to Dr. Lowe for over 10 years for various procedures. He and his staff have always been professional, friendly, and on time. The wait time for an appointment is minimal, the pricing is thoroughly discussed, and they do their best to minimize any discomfort.View on Google